I wanted to share some blogs that had
really helped me with this inquiry process:
Unfortunately I am unable to make campus
sessions due to my location and therefore Natalie Martin’s updates on these sessions over the course of my BAPP study have been really helpful in allowing me to keep on top of what’s
been discussed, and in a way stopped some of the loneliness of studying from
China. One blog I found particularly useful was her blog on the Module 3 campus session 10th November the ‘cake
method’. As a dancer imagery is so important to me, and the cake method of writing the inquiry made perfect sense to me. Anesole's and Paula's blogs on the sessions were also a great help.
Another person who has stopped me feeling alone is Jo Craven. Jo is also a dance teacher, and so many of her experience I can relate to. I remember last semester reading some of her posts and thinking "Yes! YES! YEEEESSSS!" This week I have read about her show and it was so nice to see some pictures and know I'm not the only one trying to juggle a full school production, the BAPP inquiry and China this semester! My theatre rehearsals start this weekend, and continue until the shows, finishing next weekend (I'll post some photos!) I couldn't believe it when I realised the biggest week for the studio this semester coincided with the final draft submission. Luckily I knew this before the summer, and although I have liaised with Paula regarding possible issues I think I'm going to make the deadline-ish, however it's reassuring to know that should I not be able to I have a few more days.
Kimberley Gallacher posted a great slideshare link about the differences between qualitative and quantitative data which were unbelievably useful not only in helping me understand but actually remember which is which!
Rosemary McGuinness's post on how to conduct a literature review was also extremely helpful.
I hope these are able to help someone else in the same way they've helped me.
Take care, guys
Another person who has stopped me feeling alone is Jo Craven. Jo is also a dance teacher, and so many of her experience I can relate to. I remember last semester reading some of her posts and thinking "Yes! YES! YEEEESSSS!" This week I have read about her show and it was so nice to see some pictures and know I'm not the only one trying to juggle a full school production, the BAPP inquiry and China this semester! My theatre rehearsals start this weekend, and continue until the shows, finishing next weekend (I'll post some photos!) I couldn't believe it when I realised the biggest week for the studio this semester coincided with the final draft submission. Luckily I knew this before the summer, and although I have liaised with Paula regarding possible issues I think I'm going to make the deadline-ish, however it's reassuring to know that should I not be able to I have a few more days.
Kimberley Gallacher posted a great slideshare link about the differences between qualitative and quantitative data which were unbelievably useful not only in helping me understand but actually remember which is which!
Rosemary McGuinness's post on how to conduct a literature review was also extremely helpful.
I hope these are able to help someone else in the same way they've helped me.
Take care, guys
Thanks Megan!
ReplyDelete