Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Science enhancing Art

The more I think about my inquiry, the more keen I am to base it around something to do with the acquisition of flexibility.  Maybe this is because this is something I have always struggled with, and I would love to be able to help those under my tuition who are struggling too.

An email landed in my inbox a few weeks ago regarding a conference I really wish I could attend.  However it is to be held in Louisiana - and it is neither finically or logistically viable.  The email was from Deborah Vogel and stated:

"There is a science to dance training - incorporates knowledge of how to improve technique through understanding of anatomy as well as exploring best practices in mentally and somatically training for optimising performance along with increasing awareness of how nutrition and neurology can influence and effect the dancer's results

Come join Deborah Vogel, Lisa Howell, Beverly Spell, Elizabeth Gillaspy and Dr Jennifer Shults as we share leading edge information with you..."

Now I already know, and follow Deborah Vogel and Lisa Howell... indeed some time ago I bought Lisa Howell's "Front Splits Fast programme" and so I have added some links a quick search gave me on the others.  I will look into these more deeply soon.

The idea of science enhancing art is really interesting to me...

In Task 4a I posed some potential questions (of which I will shortly post some responses) and question 1 and 2 were loosely around the above subject. I will now look at developing these.

No comments:

Post a Comment