Below are three documents relating to ethics within my profession and my current role:
ISTD Code of Conduct
RAD Code of Profession Practice
Dance Studio Employee Code of Conduct
Having read the above policies and reflected on my personal ideas of professional ethics in task 5a I discovered my thinking is in line with what is required. I neglected to use the word 'confidentiality' in task 5a, however to me that along with many other points is part of professionalism. Other than that, I found very little that I had not thought about, the policies just expressed things in a different (and longer!) way.
As a dance teacher outside of Voc. School you are often the sole professional in charge of your students with little outside management or support despite your setting - for example the Principal also often holds a full teaching role. As a result of this, combined with my personality, I have found the above policies are natural practices for me however I do appreciate not everyone in society does have the same morals, ethics, or beliefs.
Two things that I don't think I touched upon, as I considered it a prerequisite for any job are:
- To be dressed appropriately - something which interestingly has made dance headlines this week.
- Not to attend work under the influence of alcohol of drugs, or to smoke on the premises.
I have asked my further professional circle for any documents they may have regarding the statutory ethical practices in China, however I do not envisage there being any differences
Hi Megan. Hope you are well. We are now reaching the end of the 2nd module and I was wondering if I could ask a favour? Being in my SIG would you mind greatly if I interviewed you over the phone for my trial interview?
ReplyDeleteI will happily take part in any of your trials.
Email me with your response if and when you can. Thank you!!
Kim